George Sparks is Curator of the Mancini Museum of Biblical History in Albuquerque, New Mexico. His intimate knowledge of ancient artifacts contributes to his consulting services for aiding other museums as well as individual collectors to acquire meaningful anitiquities for teaching and display. He is a frequent speaker both to adults and to young people.
Current Career Activity:
Curator, Mancini Museum of Biblical History, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Consultant, lecturer and speaker.
1984 Ohio State College
2006 B.A. Trinity Southwest University
2008 M.A. Trinity Southwest University
Saturday, September 12, 9:00-12:00. Mancini Museum of Biblical Archaeology, "The Drama of Biblical Archaeology."
Request George Sparks as a speaker in your community
Guidelines for inviting a speaker
- Transportation – It is customary to pay for the speaker’s transportation costs. This may involve an airline flight and/or a rental car. If the speaker is driving his/her own vehicle, we recommend the current federal mileage reimbursement rate.
- Lodging – You may wish to offer lodging in a private residence. If so, a respectful way of approaching this suggestion is to ask the speaker if he/she would prefer to stay in a hotel or in a private room in the residence of one of the hosts.
- Food – Meals should be provided, which can be prepared b y the host group and/or served in a restaurant. Check with the speaker for any dietary restrictions and food favorites.
- Materials for sale – The hosting group should provide a convenient location for the speaker to offer materials for sale. Typically a member of the hosting group will offer to receive payment on behalf of the speaker.
- Fee – Some speakers have a set fee. Others receive offerings as payment. Ask the speaker for his/her preference.